readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
The Story Guy - Mary Ann Rivers For this review and more visit my blog

When I read the blurb for this book I was quite excited and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. It sounded so intriguing and romantic. The first half of this novella was both those things but the second half lost its magic slightly.

Rivers sets things up brilliantly and I was instantly drawn into her writing and this story. The plot is great it was a little bit saucy and extremely interesting. The first few meetings between the main characters, Carrie and Brian, were incredible. The chemistry between them was excellent and their first kiss was one of the most erotic and devastatingly spine tingling kisses I have ever read. I really liked the idea of these two strangers meeting up once a week just to kiss I thought it was original, imaginative and just a little bit naughty.

As Brian and Carrie’s relationship began to evolve I began to lose interest, not massively but it was noticeable. The romance lost its allure once it became normal and at times it became a bit of a drama fest. The romance also lost some of its chemistry and character once it became a regular relationship.

The Story Guy has its ups and downs. At its worse it is a standard romance but at its best it is original and explosive with buckets of chemistry between two likable characters. It is a short read that deserves a chance. I recommend it.