readingunderthewillowtree

Reading Age: Adult

Genre: Romance, Historical

Pages: 375

Published May 29th 2007 by Dell

He would sell his warrior soul to possess her. . . .

An alluring laird...
He was known throughout the kingdom as Hawk, legendary predator of the battlefield and the boudoir. No woman could refuse his touch, but no woman ever stirred his heart--until a vengeful fairy tumbled Adrienne de Simone out of modern-day Seattle and into medieval Scotland. Captive in a century not her own, entirely too bold, too outspoken, she was an irresistible challenge to the sixteenth-century rogue. Coerced into a marriage with Hawk, Adrienne vowed to keep him at arm's length--but his sweet seduction played havoc with her resolve.

A prisoner in time...
She had a perfect "no" on her perfect lips for the notorious laird, but Hawk swore she would whisper his name with desire, begging for the passion he longed to ignite within her. Not even the barriers of time and space would keep him from winning her love. Despite her uncertainty about following the promptings of her own passionate heart, Adrienne's reservations were no match for Hawk's determination to keep her by his side.

Normally I gobble up anything Karen Marie Moning writes but this missed the mark for me.

The plot was all too similar, I feel like I have read it a million times before.  It was unrealistic, the reactions of the characters was not realistic or believable.  Adrienne was annoying, just because a good looking guy did her wrong in the past she assumes that all good looking guys are evil and wrong doers.  She goes as far to say that is her ex was ugly none of the bad stuff would have happened.  Hawk was not much better; he was arrogant with little charm.

Clearly this one was not for me, but I am still a big fan of the author.

DNF