readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Twisted (Dark Protectors, #5.5) - Rebecca Zanetti For this review and more my blog

Dark Protectors is a series I feel I should love, it has all the qualities I like in my paranormal romances but somehow I just cannot get into it. Twisted is my second attempt at the series and I guess my feelings about it are the same as the first book I read.

This is ok, there is nothing majorly wrong with it but I didn’t find it very gripping. The storyline was decent as was the writing and the characters. Both Maggie and Terrent are reasonably likeable.

My issue was the romance and the drama that unfolded around it. It was just constantly make and forward. Maggie was constantly making up her mind then changing it back again, this was just happening to often. If either had the opportunity to give up their life for the other they took it, no questions asked. It was a repetitive circle of mind changing, sex and then falling on their swords for each other. It was all a little too much and I felt the drama was overplayed.

Twisted is perfectly readable and not terrible at all. I would read more from the series but at this point I am not expecting much from it. It is goof fun but nothing more.