readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Hold Me Down Hard - Cathryn Fox For this review and more my blog

Hold me Down Hard was a relatively enjoyable novella it is only 60 pages long. The characters were good. Eden is nice and I liked that she was prepared to go after what she wanted. Jay was good to although his stereotypic was a little annoying. He assumes that because Eden comes from the country that is she is typical ‘girl next door’ who wants a safe and calm life including plain sex. He is constantly telling her what she needs and wants which is not cool.

The big issue with this was substance. There are two fairly big love scenes in this book and considering its length it was maybe a little too much. The author does handle it well and I thought there was enough world building and characterisation to make this whole but it was a close call.

If you are looking for a sweet and erotic short story then this one is for you but if you like a little more than this is one you might want to avoid.