readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Talking Dirty with the CEO - Jackie Ashenden For this review and more my blog

Talking Dirty with the CEO is normally my kind of book. It has a great storyline, it is set in a great city (Auckland) and it has geeky nerd stuff in it which is exactly my kind of thing. But in the end this didn’t quite do it for me.

I found most of the story quite sweet and I loved how the romance built but in the end it felt like the characters were putting roadblocks in the way of the relationship just because they could. It got a little tiresome, especially because Joseph’s issues seemed to come from nowhere.

I quite liked the characters, Christie was a little too passive for my taste, I normally like my characters with a little more backbone but she didn’t annoy me too much. Joseph was hard to dislike he was sweet, sexy and smart.

The writing was of a fairly good standard and there were some nice moments but it got a little out of hand at the end and I felt the drama was a little over done.