readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1) - Rebecca Zanetti

For this review and more my blog

This is the first contemporary Rebecca Zanetti book I have read. I have come across a couple of her paranormal romances before and I have to say that I found this contemporary much, much better. I found this a hell of a lot more entertaining and believable.

Firstly, I really liked the storyline, it just worked for me. I liked the idea and felt it was fairly well rounded. There were a few bits I felt were unnecessary, a few bits that could have been expanded on and some bits that were just perfect. I liked the chemistry between the characters and really liked the little hit of magic.

I thought the writing was good and liked the interactions and dialogue. The characters were also very likable. Sophie was great she is a nice girl and she didn’t manage to annoy me at all. My only complaint would be that she is just ‘nice’ there is not much more to her. Jack was nice as well, he was definitely swoon worthy but he could also be a little pushy and that put me off a little bit. He ordered Sophie around and he had no right. He has a dominant nature in and out of the bedroom but that doesn’t mean he has to be a bully.

All in all Against the Wall was a good contemporary romance that I enjoyed. There were a few slow moments but they were few and far between. I will definitely be checking out more of this series.