readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Hero of My Heart: A Loveswept Historical Romance - Megan Frampton For this review and more my blog

I really liked the idea of Hero of My Heart I thought the blurb sounded awesome but the reality was somewhat different. This book starts straight away with barely an introduction, the world building is non-existent and you are instantly thrown into a story that begins moving at the pace of a freight train instantaneously.

Within the first few pages the main character, Alasdair has saved Mary from her a-hole brother, forced a kiss on her and demanded marriage. Mary has done little to keep him away and is already keeping a secret from him but wants to tell him because she has ‘feelings’ at this point I had already had enough.

The characters were decent, I didn’t really hate them but I didn’t love them either. They were hampered but the writing and unrealisticness of the storyline, especially where Alasdair’s addiction was concerned.

It is a real shame because on paper Hero of my Heart sounded great. It could have been a tender love story about two people who needed saving and found salvation in each other, but instead it was an ill built, badly researched romance.