readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Nantucket Blue - Leila Howland

For this review and more my blog

Nantucket Blue is a good book, it ticks all the boxes and I can see people falling in love with it. Yet despite all its goodness I just couldn’t get into it at all.

This book is really sweet; it handles some hard issues with respect and doesn’t needlessly stretch out the drama or make any mountain out of molehills. I thought the writing was good and think that Leila Howland managed to create a laid back a summery atmosphere. The characters were also good. Cricket managed not to annoy me which is normally an issue for me in books of this genre. She is smart, sure she has some silly moments but they are normal silly moments.

I quite liked the romance. It was sweet and understated but the focus was more on other relationships and the personal growth of Cricket. The supporting characters were also nice.

As I said there is nothing wrong here but I just couldn’t connect to it. Maybe the pace was a little slow, maybe I wanted a little more, or maybe it is just me. There was something wrong and I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

My advice if you are thinking of reading this book and you happen to stumble across this review is to give it ago as I think this was a case of its not you it’s me for this reader.