readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Making Him Sweat - Meg  Maguire

For this review and more visit my blog

Harlequin Blaze have been publishing some very sweet and very entertaining romances lately and Making Him Sweat was no exception. It was a cute and fairly realistic love story with buckets of heart and I quite enjoyed it.

The writing was nice. Maguire creates a slow yet interesting pace which is easy to settle into. Everything was believable and nothing seemed to farfetched. I have to admit that it started a little slow but gradually got better and better as the book went on.

I really liked the character, although not straight away. Jenna took a little time to get used to. At first I thought she was selfish rude and uptight. She was also quite a girly girl and liked pretty girly things, which is fine but is just not really my type of MC. But as the book went on I warmed to her a lot and in the end genuinely liked and cared about her. What I liked about this book is that it was a voyage of discovery for Jenna, it was not all about romance but also about her journey of self-discovery and her relationship with her father.

Luckily Mercer is there to help her and do a little discovering of his own. I did not have any issues with Mercer, he is one of the more realistic male characters I have come across in romantic novels and surprisingly that made him quite perfect. I could find nothing to dislike about him.

The romance between Jenna and Mercer was charming. They fell in lust instantly but took their time to fall in love. Despite their differences they are well suited and at times their chemistry burnt up the pages. The sex scenes were pretty realistic (as far as romance books are concerned) and are some of the best (and hottest) I have read in quite a while.