readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Love Me  - Diane Alberts

For this review and more visit my blog

Normally I quite like Diane Albert’s books but Love Me just wasn’t for me. It started poorly and did get better but I just couldn’t get into it.

The writing was decent, the storyline sound and the world building good. I expect good writing from Alberts and Love Me delivered in that aspect. My issue was with the characters, I didn’t really like them and because of that I didn’t really like the romance either.

Brianna is the better of the two main characters but she wasn’t great. I desperately wanted her to have a little more backbone and to shut Thomas down. She does have a few fire cracker moments but it just wasn’t enough. She also lacked personality and I felt like there was nothing to her.

I didn’t really like Thomas at all he was far too pushy for my taste. He pushes and pushes Brianna to go out with him, I almost lost track of the times she said no but still he pushed. Then instead of taking her out on a date he takes her to his hotel room. He is completely aware that she is unsure and almost guilt trips her into it. He then wonders why she hurriedly and emotionally leaves his room directly after they are done. He does improve as the story goes on, especially was Brianna’s kids but it was a little too late for me.