readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
After Midnight (Cabot, #1) - Teresa Medeiros

For this review and more visit my blog

To my great surprise I really enjoyed After Midnight. I had expected it to be fun but wasn’t expecting it to be as gripping and entertaining as it was. I really liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It was so much fun it made me giggle and smile from beginning to end.

Before starting I was unsure about the storyline, I didn’t quite like the idea of a romance between a woman and a man her sister was practically engaged to, but it was mostly handled very well (although there were a couple of bad moments.) I really enjoyed the tongue and cheek nature of this book and the strong independent women it revolves around. I also really liked the paranormal aspect, I thought it was a little different and managed to keep the reader guessing.

I thought that maybe it was a little long and that the ending was dragged out but other than that there was nothing to really complain about.

Another great thing about this book was the characters; I loved every single one of them especially Caroline and Adrian. She was smart and independent I enjoyed her quick wit especially when she went up against Adrian. He had a tough exterior but was a softy inside.

The chemistry between them was explosive and I loved their romance, they tried to stay away from each other but just couldn’t. They were great together and I loved the banter between them.

After Midnight was a fun romantic read that was a lot better than I thought it would be, I cannot wait to read more books from this series and author.