readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
He Watches Me - Cynthia Sax

For this review and more visit my blog

Realistically I know that He Watches me is not a book I should like, it is not my style at all and I found that parts of it went a little too far and some of it made me go eww. Yet, for some unknown reason I found myself engaged in it and I actually quite enjoyed it.

Unlike a lot of other erotic romances the style of this really impressed me. I think Cynthia Sax is a good writer and is able to create a great atmosphere, this felt like an indie movie the characters were quirky and damaged the world was unrealistic and bizarre but it worked. This book is extremely explicit and feels terribly naughty yet the characters barely touch each other, they don’t have sex they don’t pleasure each other yet this still managed to be one of the most erotic pieces of writing I have read.

This is a book about voyeurism and I think that is why it seemed so deeply intense and explicate. It was also a great device for building the sexual tension between the characters, I wanted them to be together but they stayed just inches away, it was a tease and I can’t wait to see where it goes next.

The characters themselves are both quite lost. Neither Anna nor Gabriel are socially accepted, they are quirky and quiet and don’t quite fit in with the rest of the crowd. They are not only learning about their sexual ticks with each other but also how to be around and respond to others, it is quite awkward but again with the author’s style it works.