readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Wilde's Fire - Krystal Wade Review also on my blog: http://chattygirlbookreviews.wordpress.com/

*The publisher provided me with this book for review, via Netgalley*

So far this book has gotten rave reviews from a lot of readers, I hate to be the one to break the trend but I just have to. The truth is that Wilde’s Fire and I just didn’t get on. It was a struggle for me from beginning to end; I ended up skim reading most of it. I didn’t really like the writing or the characters, but I did think the idea was great.

I found everything to be a little bland; I read the words but felt nothing. It just felt blank. I don’t know if it is the writing or just me. I just struggled to get into this book. I had problems with the characters too. Kate is oblivious, Brad is possessive and at times deluded, Brit seems to go from irritable to bubbly in the blink of an eye and Arlan is a typical alpha warrior male. I felt like at times this just followed the same structure that we have seen in many other paranormal romances, and books featuring love triangles.

I am really upset that I didn’t like this, I wanted to so very, very much. I thought the actual premise of this story was great but in the end it just never reached me. I am not sure if it is the books fault or mine but something just went wrong between me and this book. I would recommend you try it for yourself as many other people seem to love it. Maybe one day I will try this book again, and maybe it will be different then I can come back to this review and add a little more. I know this is a short and not very informed review, but at the moment I don’t know what else to say.