readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Blazing Midsummer Nights - Leslie Kelly For this review and more visit my blog

*The publisher provided me with this book for review, via Netgalley*

This was a very sweet and very quick read. It has all the elements you want to see in a romance. The characters are likable, the romance is sometimes hot and sometimes cute, it has funny moments, has a touch of a love triangle and just a little bit of magic…it is also a little weird in places which kind of comes with the territory.

At times it is not particularly realistic, but let’s be honest we don’t read these types of books for realism.

The main characters are good. Xander is a fireman (need I say more.) I found him to be a little judgemental at the beginning but he snapped out of that pretty quickly. He is effortlessly likeable and sensual. Mimi has a lot of fight and spirit but sometimes she uses that in the wrong way, but like Xander she snaps out of it quickly.

The romance between them is nice, it is predictable but sweet. There wasn’t any dragged out dramatics it all moved along nicely and was easy to get behind.

Blazing Midsummer Nights is one of those ‘nice’ books. It is not going to annoy you, it is also not going to blow your mind. It is a nice way to spend a few hours. Sometimes you want to read something that you don’t have to think about. That is what this book it.