readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Elemental - Antony John For this review and more check out my blog

There is a lot to like about this book. The plot is awesome and I liked the mix of post-apocalyptic and elemental magic, it was dystopian meets Urban Fantasy. The setting was awesome the actual story line was good, for me it started a little too quickly I would have liked to be eased in a little more as there was a lot going on and a lot of information to take in all at once, but it wasn’t a major problem. There were loads of twists and turns that kept me guessing and the writing and characters were decent.

My problem with this book was that I struggled to connect with it. There was so much to like about it but for some reason it just didn’t grip me. Maybe I struggled with Thomas’ POV, maybe there was something about the writing that I just didn’t get. The truth is that I don’t really know what it was; I think it was one of those ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ situations. I think in a few months I will try this again and see if I find it any easier to connect to, maybe the timing of me reading this was a little off.

Despite the issues I had with it I would still recommend this book, it is a lot of fun and the start of what promises to be an awesome series.

(I was provided with a free ebook of this title by the publisher, in exchange for a honest review)