readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes - Lisa Mantchev, Francisco X. Stork, Leah Cypess, C. Lee McKenzie, Sarwat Chadda, Karen Mahoney, Suzanne Young, Heidi R. Kling, Angie Frazier, Shannon Delany, Suzanne Lazear, K.M. Walton, Pam van Hylckama Vlieg, Jessie Harrell, Gretchen McNeil, Nina Berry, Leigh Fallon, Max For this review and more visit my blog

Two and Twenty Dark Tales is an anthology made up of 20 stories by various different authors.

I really enjoyed this anthology, I must admit that I was unsure about it at first but I am glad I took the plunge and read it. I am not all that familiar with nursery rhymes but most of these I had heard of. I was not really sure how it would work, how do you retell these rhymes to make something new? I did not take the imagination of the authors into account and that is what really made this book come alive, it was just so imaginative.

Each story was very short which might be a problem for some readers, but each story was entertaining and different. There were many different genres touch on, some were historical, some modern. There was fantasy, romance, horror, tragedy, paranormal, urban fantasy and many more. There was a little something for everyone.

Two and Twenty Dark Tales was a massive undertaking and quite a triumph. Every story was well written. Sing a Song of Six-Pence by Sarwat Chadra was standout with Blue by Sayantoni Dasgupta and Boys and Girls Come out to Play by Angie Frazier close behind.

I recommend this to everyone, there is a lot to enjoy and admire here and the proceeds from this title go to charity!

The publisher provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for and honest review