readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Undeadly (Harlequin Teen) - Michele Vail For this review and more visit my blog

Undeadly was packed full of potential, the idea is awesome and refreshing, the storyline good and entertaining but it just lacked something.

As I said, I really liked the idea. This is the first time I have read a book about zombies, necromancers, Egyptian mythology and high school. It was very new and the way it played out was very interesting.

I also liked Rath, he is a male character I can easily get behind and I wished there was more of him, hopefully there will be in the next book. I enjoyed all the secondary characters as well, all the ghouls, ghosts and gods. It all really came to life for me.

My main issue with this was Molly. I didn’t hate her but didn’t like her either. She was vain and quite full of herself which was irritating. She also talks in some type of teen speak and says stuff like ‘gigging up my ju-ju’ which is, again, irritating. What does that even mean?!

Also there was this ginormous cliff-hanger. I am not a fan of cliff hangers like this one, I like a little bit of closure at the end of each book in a series, enough to mark the end of the book and potential start of another. I like a book to feel finished. This ended on such a big cliff-hanger that it felt almost incomplete.
Despite my issues with this I do believe this is the start of a series with great potential and I will definitely be checking out the next book in the series.