readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Killing Time - Cindy Gerard For this review and more visit my blog

There was a lot to like about Killing Time, I have always been a fan of military romances but this had a little more bite than most. The real surprise here was that there was a decent plot outside of the romance. I would have still read and enjoyed this book if there was no romance at all, which is something I can’t say about most military romance books. I thought this was generally quite smart, well written and brilliantly put together. The storyline held my interest and kept me entertained.

I really liked the characters they were smart and didn’t dumbly stumble into dangerous situations. Eva didn’t need to saved all the time, she was just as tough and capable as the men which is something I LOVED. She was smart, sassy and easy to like. Mike was great as well; he was truly a good guy who behind the tough exterior was really quite vulnerable. He was easy to swoon over and I found myself doing just that with surprising regularity.

The romance was awesome. The chemistry between Eva and Mike burst off the pages. I liked that the romantic drama was kept to a minimum and that they acted like adults when things got tough.

I did have a few problems with it though. I felt like the last third lost its way a bit. I did not enjoy it as much as the rest of the book and felt that it was maybe a little long. I also don’t know why it was necessary to make Eva’s ex-husband a bad guy, it served no purpose to the story apart from to make Mike look good which he needed no help with. Also towards the end there were a few to many characters and I struggled to place them all.

Killing Time does have its problems but for the most part it was extremely entertaining and is one of the smarter military romances I have read. I look forward to reading more of this series and more from this author.

The publisher provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for and honest review