readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Grave Intentions - Lori Sjoberg For this review and more visit my blog

Grave Intentions is normally the kind of book I enjoy but it took so long to get going that I found myself bored instead of entertained.

I just couldn’t connect to the characters at all. David was alright but the silliness (and sometimes bizarreness) of the Reaper mythology put me off. I liked Sarah less when I found out she was a scientist who tested on animals. Luckily it was not mentioned often but It was always in the back of my mind, I know it probably shouldn’t have bothered me but it did. The animal testing was not the only issue I had with Sarah, I found her a little boring and to level headed.

I also found it to be quite predictable; it just didn’t grip me at all. The writing is not terrible and I would read something from this author again but Grave Intentions just wasn’t for me.

The publisher provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for and honest review