readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Yours at Midnight - Robin Bielman Too often I come across a book with tonnes of potential that is ruined by its characters. Unfortunately for Yours at Midnight that is what happens. I really liked the plot, it was entertaining (but a little predictable) I thought the writing was ok and it was well structured but everything was ruined by the characters.

To be honest Quinn is not a bad guy, he is sweet, caring and didn’t annoy me all that much. But he is completely unobservant and oblivious, he just didn’t ask questions that a guy who is interested in a woman should ask and just couldn’t see what was right in his face.

The big issue was Lyric who apart from having a silly name was just, well, silly. The problem was that she was quite selfish. I didn’t like the way she handled things and her excuses to not tell the truth got on my nerves.

Yours At Midnight is a very quick read that is fairly enjoyable if you can get over the characters.