readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Sex and the Single Fireman - Jennifer Bernard For this review and more visit my blog

I have not read a fireman romance in years so I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into Sex and the Single Fireman, and for the most part I was not disappointed. To be honest the whole thing was a little far-fetched but it was sweet, funny and at times I struggled to put it down. I thought the writing and storytelling was strong but I would have liked more fire action. The small scene there was really came alive for me and I found myself wanting more, but it was not to be.

I really enjoyed the character. Rick is AMAZING and I had a bit of a thing for him. He tries so hard to be tough and stern but behind all that he was just one big softy. He is a great dad and an understanding boss but he sucks at handling romance. He just had no idea what to do with Sabina, he half wanted to throw her down and have his way with her and half wanted to run away screaming. He makes some silly mistakes in the romance department but all in all he is adorable.

Sabina was awesome as well, I had bundles of respect for her and the decisions she made in her life. She refused to be pushed around and I thought she handles herself well with the situation she found herself in. She had a tendency to jump to conclusions which could be a smidge amazing but mostly I loved her. Like Rick she was useless at romance and messed things up as much as Rick did.

I loved the romance there were sparks flying everywhere; Bernard sure knows how to write a couple with chemistry. She also knows how to write great sex and the bedroom scenes were explosive.

My one real complaint was that it went on a little too long. It could have done with being at least 50 pages shorter, other than that I really enjoyed and I cannot wait to read more of this series. Especially if the next book focuses on the frankly devastating psycho.

The publisher provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for and honest review