readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Vampires Gone Wild (Supernatural Underground) -  Amanda Arista,  Kim Falconer,  Pamela Palmer, Kerrelyn Sparks Vampires Gone Wild is an anthology made up of 4 vampire romances written by different authors. Generally it was an ok collection, I enjoyed every story but there was only one that I truly loved and that was First Dates are Hell by Amanda Arista.

Vampires Gone Wild by Kerrelyn Sparks:

This novella was alright; to be honest I think you need to have read more books from the Love at Stake series to truly get this one. It was written well but I couldn’t get into it. I felt like the characters had a back history that I should have known about but didn’t.

A Forever Love by Pamela Palmer

I thought the idea behind this one was a really good one. The plot was interesting and felt fresh, I really liked the characters, they were easy to like and the romance was believable. What irritated me was the terms of endearments that were frequently used. If I heard ‘my warrior’ or ‘Lizzy mine’ ago I would have screamed.

First Dates are Hell by Amanda Arista

This was by far the best story of the lot, it really impressed me. There was nothing I disliked about it, the storyline was great, the characters loveable and the romance adorable. It was really, really cute and it completely charmed me. I cannot wait to read more from this author.

Blood and Water by Kim Falconer

This was my least favourite of the bunch. I found it bizarre and half the time I didn’t know what was going on. It failed to grab my interest and I skimmed quite a lot of it.

Vampires Gone Wild is an ok anthology but I was expecting more.