readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Midnight Fantasy - Sandra Chastain I completely got the wrong idea about this book. I thought it was about a severely injured sports star and the nurse that looks after him. That was not what this book was about at all but I couldn’t help but wish it had been. The issue with this was that it was unbelievable and over the top. There was soap stars, sports stars, deaths, suicidal thoughts, romance, paparazzi and some dude called Mac who I still have no clue who he is or why he does what he does. Not much of this made sense, I got the feeling there was supposed to be an almost supernatural element to it but I wasn’t sure.

The characters were ok I actually quite liked Joe there was something about him that I connected to, and I thought he was a good guy but I found Annabelle to be over the top and hard to like. Her job was to help other people but she talked about helping herself an awful lot.

The romance was a little cheesy and I didn’t like it as much as I should have. The book as a whole managed to entertain me enough and I finished it but it was not a book I would re-read or recommended.