readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2) - Molly Harper I was looking forward to this one, it sounds great and a really liked the cover but when I read it there was something missing for me and I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would. The problem actually wasn’t that something was missing; it was that there was just too much. The story is told from the main characters point of view and she had a lot to say. Every single page was crammed with detail and conversations and memories that I don’t really think I needed to read and in the end I found myself bored and skim reading.

The writing itself is quite good and I had no problem envisioning what was going on. The characters are also strong. Nola is a good character, I found her quite funny and sensible she wasn’t silly but her conflicted romantic feelings were troublesome. Jed was even better there was a lot to like about him I loved his personality and thought he was sweet. The romance was nice but for a lot of the book Nola has a boyfriend and the minute that she has possibly broken up with boyfriend she is in bed with Jed. This left me quite conflicted because throughout the book Nola was attracted to Jed but their relationship didn’t really build up to that level of intimacy, it just happened.

A Witch’s Handbook of Kisses and Curses is not a bad book but it was bursting with unneeded detail which I found off putting.