readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Just for the Summer - Jenna Rutland Just For The Summer had a lot going for it, it had a great storyline and a male character to die for but somehow it just missed the mark. Everything was just good enough but it never crossed into anything more.

The storyline is a serious one but it was played more as a romance, and instead of really addressing the issue of adoption we are given a female lead that is a little to self-pitying, I understand why she is like that to an extent but I would have liked a little more depth and a little less waterworks.

The biggest issue was the ending, it felt rushed and unrealistic. it was as though the author had a strict word limit and so had to cram a couple of chapters worth of storyline into one.

The best thing about it was Matt who was great. He was a great character he filled the romance role perfectly but was also a really great father. The sexual tension between him and Dani was great but when it came to the sexy times it was (unfortunately) a fade to black.

Just for the Summer is a quick and engaging read but could have had a little bit more.