readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Delirium  - Lauren Oliver For some reason I just couldn't get on with this book. I was supper excited to read it but in the end felt underwhelmed. I think I have been spoilt by other YA dystopian novels I have read recently and felt like this just didn't compare.

I thought the whole idea behind this book was good. A future world where love is a sickness and individually and feelings need to be suppressed. In a strange way I could almost see the world ending up like this which would be a shame because love, in any form, is beauty.

The book let me down with the main character. At first she was so set in her ways, so stubborn and blind and I couldn't help but get a little irritated by it. But in the end it was the quickness of her mind change that bugged me. She was a lot naive, which given her upbringing was understandable so I was even fine with that.

I really wanted to love this book. As I read I tried to force myself into loving it, but I just couldn't and in the end found myself skim reading from about the halfway point.

I have heard that the next instalment takes things into a love triangle, which I have little interest in. I might read it one day but for now will give it a miss.

I really wanted to love this book but in the end it turned out to be a great idea that was well executed yet, for me, missed some of the heart and emotion that I felt should have been there.