readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Losing It - Cora Carmack For this review and more visit my blog

To be honest I do not really see the point in a new adult genre. Is a girl in her early 20’s in a new adult book any different from a girl in her early 20’s in an adult book? Does she act differently? Think differently? I don’t think so, I think a girl in her early 20’s is an adult therefore a book where she does adult stuff like drink and have sex is an adult book, but that is just my opinion and even if I don’t get it, it will not stop me from reading New Adult books in the future. Regardless of my opinions or what I think about this new genre I read Losing It and I have to say that I really, really loved it.

There was so much to enjoy about this book. The story was sweet the characters good and the writing decent. It was nice to read a book that was cute instead of overly dramatic and that was funny instead of angsty.

I am a big fan of the characters in this. Bliss is down to earth, sweet and more than a little awkward. There were times, especially at the beginning, when I felt absolutely mortified for her. I may have laughed a little at her, but I felt damn sorry for her to. I honestly do not think I have read anything so gloriously cringe worthy ever.

Garrick was a little more composed but just as likeable. I know from other reviews that a lot of his appeal lies in the fact he is British, well, being that I am British and am around British guys all the time (trust me they are not as wonderful as you think they are) he had to do a lot more then say love in an accent to win me over. Garrick has other redeeming features like his patients with Bliss after their first encounter. Frankly, most guys would never go near her with a barge pole after the incident when they first met, but Garrick is patient and composed and knows that some things are worth fighting and being humiliated for.

The romance was amazing and I really loved them together, they matched perfectly. The chemistry burst off the page sometimes in cute waves and sometimes in ‘oh my god, fan me down before I combust’ ways. To be honest they did move a little too fast but I didn’t care too much, it wasn’t exactly insta-love and they were so matched that they were bound to get to that point quickly.

Losing It has not changed my mind about the new adult genre, to me it does not matter what genre this book is, adult, it is awesome and that is all that matters. But it has firmly insured that I will be reading more of this genre in the future sooner rather than later. I cannot wait to read the next book in this series and more from Cora Carmack!

The publisher provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for and honest review