readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
The Cat's Meow - Stacey Kennedy For this review and more visit my blog

I really enjoyed this paranormal romance; it was funny, quirky and interesting. It had great characters, a great storyline and a swoon worthy romance. It grabbed my attention from the start and didn’t let go.

The writing and storytelling was really good and I like the way Kennedy subtly uses humour. It was not in your face but it managed to make me giggle often.

I really love the characters. Libby is a lot of fun; she is sassy, funny and stubborn in the best way possible. I loved that this book was told from her point of view only instead of split POV between her and Kale, because I liked her voice and personality.

Kale is also awesome, he is dashing and charming. He is tough as nails but also possesses a gentler side that comes out when Libby is around. I did get annoyed with all his secret keeping and has refusal to tell Libby the truth about himself. I understand that he had no choice but the deception lasted a little to long for me. What I liked about that situation was his acknowledgement that he had caused Libby pain, and that her pain caused him pain. It showed he really cared and it made me love him just that little bit more.

The Cat’s Meow is a very entertaining and enjoyable book. it was a lot better than I thought it would be and also a lot of fun.

The publisher provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for and honest review