readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Defying the Odds - Kele Moon Ever since I watched the quite amazing movie Warrior I have had a thing for UFC (and Joel Edgerton…its really bad, if someone even says his name I start blushing.)

image

so I was really looking forward to reading this and it didn’t disappoint.

The characters were really great, Melody was sweet and loving and I admired her strength to get away from an abusive ex-husband and her bravery to risk loving a man who makes money from violence. She wasn’t a strong character, she didn’t have the strongest backbone or the sassiest nature but she made the best of what courage she had and I liked her for it. It was not always easy and there was a lot of time where I thought she might run but she didn’t and I thought that was great.

Clay was dreamy. I really liked him, he has this tough exterior and always scowls instead of smiles but under all that armour he is a sweet guy who just wants to live simply. What I loved about him was that he knew he was in love with Melody and knew she was it for him. He made no excuses, didn’t try and find a way to back out and just owned it. He was a sweetie romantic and I wouldn’t mind a man like him to call my own (preferably looking like Joel Edgerton if at all possible.)

The romance was awesome I loved these two together. It was steamy when it needed to be (really steamy) but cute when it needed to be as well. I liked that dynamic, I liked that these two were clearly meant to be together, but mostly I liked the simplicity of the romance. It was just about two people who meet and fall in love, that’s it.

Defying the Odds also introduced a host of supporting characters that will get there time in the spotlight soon and I honestly cannot wait to read more of this series and more from this author.

The publisher provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for and honest review