readingunderthewillowtree

Predatory
Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Silent Warrior - Lindsey Piper This has to be one of the best series introductory novellas I have ever read. I really loved it, I loved the plot and the setting, it was dark, gritty, violent and sexy.

The characters were amazing. Silence was so cool I almost wanted to be her. She is feisty, funny and fierce, she can hold her own in fights and is more than capable of looking after herself. Hark was just fan-girl worthy. I LOVED him. He was strong, smart, funny and extremely charming with a sex appeal that could bring anyone to their knees. He is, without doubt, one of the best male characters I have read in the last year or so.

The romance was brilliant; I swooned all over the place. I thought they were amazing together, the chemistry was explosive in and out of the bedroom. The marriage/mating/bonding process was really nicely done and I thought it was a great concept.

Silent Warrior brings a dark and dreary edge to the fantasy/urban fantasy genre. It was gritty, romantic and at times even funny. I simple cannot wait to read more from this series and more from this author.