readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Anything But Sweet  - Candis Terry For this review and more visit my blog

Anything But Sweet is a nice contemporary romance with some great characters and some nice writing.

I often find that these types of romances are fairly similar. I am a fan of them but have to acknowledge that they all do the same thing. Anything But Sweet is no different, it does what it says on the tin however I felt like this had a little extra sparkle and personality than what I normally come across. I think this has a lot to do with Candis Terry’s world building. I really connected with Terry’s writing and was able to envision everything perfectly. I think she did a really good job of bringing this story to life. It was incredibly sweet and cute but also very touching. I was surprised at how emotional I got during some of the scenes.

The characters were also strong. I really loved Charlotte, she was bold and brassy. Her loud and proud attitude often made me smile. I liked the way she went after what she wanted even when it terrified her. I also liked Reno, despite his surly attitude he was a real softy inside. I did think that he was guilty of throwing a major pity party which at times did really irritate me but mostly he was fine.

The romance was great, Charlotte and Reno are perfect for each other despite being complete opposites. There were buckets of chemistry and some great dialogue between them.

Anything But Sweet is a lovely romance which I really enjoyed.