readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Any Duchess Will Do - Tessa Dare

For this review and more visit my blog

I have read quite a few of Tessa Dare’s Spindle Cove series but not all of them. Every single one I have picked up I have loved but Any Duchess Will Do surpasses all of them and also surpasses every other romance book I have read so far this year. I really, truly, loved this book and I just cannot think of one negative thing to say about it.

Plot wise Any Duchess Will Do is incredible and I loved every page of it. it strangely reminded me of Pretty Woman, a Duke hiring a common bar maid for a week to get his scheming yet lovely mother off his back. I am aware that it doesn’t sound all that similar but the similarities were there in her transformation, his acceptance of her just how she is, there was even a shop keeping refusing to give her the time of day and later regretting it.

The writing was also marvellous. Tessa Dare is so amazing at creating enjoyable storylines, loveable characters and sizzling romance. This book was touching yet also managed to make me laugh more times than I can count.

I also loved the characters. Pauline I the best female character I have come across in a long, long time. She was incredible and so full of compassion and had a caring nature. She could also take care of herself, she had aspirations and dreams she was determined to achieve and was not scared to stand up for herself.

Griffin was just as great. He tried to be aloof and hard but inside he was bursting with emotion. He struggles with his life but is still astonishingly thoughtful. This is a fairly light hearted romance but there were some real touching moments which came from Griff.

The romance was just brilliant as well and I was swooning all over the place. They seemed to be so purely and honestly in love. The thoughts Griff had about Pauline were beautiful and adorable, he was an extremely smitten man. It was a romance built off admiration and respect and not just lust.

Any Duchess Will Do was better than I ever imagined it would be and this series just seems to hit a new high with every book that is released. As long as Tessa Dare is writing, I will be reading. She is exceptional at what she does.