readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Faking It - Cora Carmack

For this review and more visit my blog

Losing It was the first New Adult book I read and it is still the best new adult book I have come across, so I was very excited to read the follow up Faking It. It was a great sequel and nearly as good as the first but not quite.

I really love the way that Cora Cormack builds up her stories especially the romances. I find her characters real and relatable and her storylines interesting and engaging. These books seem to fly by, I start reading them and before I know it I have finished. I hate putting them down and so end up staying up ridiculously late just to finish them.

I really liked the storyline in this one, it was a lot more serious than Losing It and also a lot less humorous. Although I liked the more serious nature of this I did miss the funny, awkward bits from the first book.

The characters were also really different. Cade was a major feature in the first book and it was good to see him get a new romantic interest as he ended book one heartbroken. I really like Cade he is a great guy and I really liked the journey he took in this book. It wasn’t just about his new romance with Max but about getting over his feelings for Bliss and coming to terms with the fact that the friendship they had for years was more or less over. He is an interesting guy and a true gentleman who goes out of his way for others and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Max was equally interesting. She is individual and original and I loved her feisty nature. She had a lot of issues, a lot more than Cade did and it was a constant struggle for her to come to terms with herself. She is a tattooed, artistic musician and is everything her parents dislike. Family is a huge issue for Max and her parents and sister in law are less than nice to her. She also struggles with herself and has a low sense of self-worth.

The romance was really sweet and was healing for both of them. They are the fresh start each other needs and I really liked them together. The sexual tension was insane and the sex scene was one of the best and most intense I have read in quite a while.

Faking It is an emotional and at times touching new adult romance that I really enjoyed. I cannot wait to read more from this author and series.