readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
I Dream of Danger  - Lisa Marie Rice

For this review and more visit my blog

Lisa Marie Rice’s writing is probably not for everyone. It is bold, brassy and over the top, the male characters tend to be over bearing and sex obsessed, the females needing protecting and delicate. It is normally far-fetched, unbelievable and generally the kind of writing I would never like but somehow Lisa Marie Rice’s books just work.

I Dream of Danger was exactly what I expected it to be. I love Rice’s fast paced, action packed storylines and saucy romances. I think I preferred this to the first book in the series the storyline was better and the characters a lot more likable.

What I really love about this series is that it is set in the not too distant future. I wouldn’t really classify it as science fiction (although it does have some of the characteristics) but technology has moved forward a lot. It adds a different spin on the military, macho man romance.

I was really surprised (pleasantly) with the way this book ended. I didn’t see it coming at all and was shocked that this book went in the direction it did. I am now super excited for the next book in the series to see what happens next. Essentially the end of I Dream of Danger evolves into a different genre from the rest of the book and I cannot wait to see how far Rice takes it.

I really liked the characters. Nick was fairly restrained for Lisa Marie Rice and I quite liked the change. He was sweet and caring and I loved the way he looked out for Elle. But to be honest this was Elle’s book. She went from down trodden and defeated, to strong and capable and I loved the evolution in her.

The romance was great and it was easy to see how Nick and Elle loved each other. They had been in love with each other since they were children which gave the romance a little extra depth and made it less about lust and more about love.

I really enjoyed I Dream of Danger and can’t wait for the next book in the series.