readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
From This Moment On (The Sullivans) - Bella Andre

For this review and more visit my blog

From This moment on was one of those books where it was perfectly good but somehow just didn’t work for me. I fully appreciate that other romance fans will probably really enjoy this book but I just couldn’t get into it at all and it left me feeling a little cold.

I have read another book from this series and enjoyed it so I know that it is not the setting, writing or author that was the problem. I think one of the things I struggled with was the storyline. Again there was nothing wrong with it but I found it a little slow, not much seemed to happen and then it all come together in a bit of a rush towards the end. I felt like the characters spent far too much time dancing around each other and that the story just took too long to actually get going.

The characters were another issue. They were likeable but again they left me feeling a little cold. Nicola was a celebrated musician who struggled with her alter ego Nico. I understood her feelings but wish she had been a little tougher. I didn’t like that she just let people market her as a bad girl who slept around when it wasn’t true. She doesn’t really fight the image even though it has made her miserable for a long time. Marcus was nice but lacked a bit of personality for me, I admired his love and respect for his family and thought he was a good guy but there was something missing for me.

The romance was nice and there was chemistry between the two, I didn’t quite get behind the sex scenes. He had a slightly dominating nature but treated her like glass. I wanted a little more especially considering the sizeable age difference between them (which is something I like, older guys are just hot!)

From this moment on just didn’t hit the spot for me but I will continue with the series. I would recommend it to romance readers who like this kind of family saga book.