readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Everything You Need to Know - HelenKay Dimon

For this review and more visit my blog

Normally I find that books start well and either stay that way or slowly get worse. Everything You Need to Know broke that rule. When it started it was ok but it got better as it went along instead of worse.

I think the issue I had at the beginning of this book was the whole website thing. The main character runs a website where women go to talk about their dates with men in the local area. It means you can check up on the man you are going out on a date with before you date him, like a directory. I have to say that I really don’t like that idea. Although Jordan did her best to verify all the information on the site it is impossible to vet everything and if a man set up a website like this about woman we would all go mad. It is especially bad because it affects the professional life of some of the men on the site which is not fair to them or the people who work for them. It really took me some time to get my head around the whole idea and I wasn’t a fan of it at all.

Everything else about this book was pretty good and when I settled in I ended up really enjoying it. The characters were a little hit and miss. Jordan got on my nerves a little bit, her hang ups about her mother went a little too far and I hated her stubborn streak especially towards the end. She nearly lets her happily ever after escape because she is too proud, because she thinks she doesn’t need anybody which is not true. Forest was awesome, I thought he was charming, sweet and had his head firmly screwed on. He shared a lot with Jordan and she shared nothing with him but instead of walking away he fought for them but she had to do the work because he had already put everything in. He wanted to be with her but not for anything less than an equal trusting partnership.

There was loads of chemistry between them and I liked the romance. Despite the issues I had with Jordan they just worked together. This is the second of the Cosmo Hot reads I have read and so far I have enjoyed both of them. I would recommend this to contemporary romance fans, it is a short and sweet read.