readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Dead Sexy Dragon - Lolita Lopez

For this review and more visit my blog

Dead Sexy Dragon is a nice start to a new series. It is a short novella that could have used a few more pages but for the most part I enjoyed it. I quite like dragon or dragon shifter books, I am quite fascinated by the mythology and magic of the dragon so I was looking forward to this. I must admit that I have been burned in the past when it comes to dragon shifter novels, they rarely seem to work for me but Dead Sexy Dragon ticked most my boxes and so I am pretty pleased.

For a short book this sure packs a lot in and I had no problem understanding what was happening or the background of the characters. The world building and many aspects of the writing are strong and it was really nice to see this level of construction and creativity in a novella. I really liked the supernatural elements and how Lolita Lopez tied the mating process and the incorporation of the knights.

I could have liked the characters a little more and maybe at times all the mythology and history took away pages for character development but I by no means hated them. Cora was nice, she was stuck in a terrible situation and had made some silly mistakes. I wanted to get to know her a little more but was not really given the opportunity. Stig was also good and more than a little attractive but again I wanted a little more, I just didn’t know him as well as I needed to really connect with him.

I enjoyed the romance it had a hint of the forbidden about it which I liked. It was maybe a little heavy on the sex side but it was still good. I liked the ending, and how much Stig was willing to sacrifice for her and I liked that she freaked out when things got weird instead of just being accepting.

All in all Dead Sexy Dragon was an enjoyable read and I cannot wait to see what comes next.