readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Redemption - B.J. Daniels

For this review and more visit my blog

Redemption was more or less what I expect from a B J Daniels romantic thriller. The storyline was complex, the romance was sweet and relatively clean and the pace fast. But the characters didn’t feel as well developed as I have seen from her in the past.

Redemption is first and fore most a thriller which is what B.J Daniels is great at writing. The romance always comes in second place which is great for creating a exciting and fast paced thriller. If I am honest, although I enjoyed Redemption it was not as exciting as some of her previous works and I felt like some of the POV’s a sub plots could have done with a little tidying up. I do love that she focuses on so many characters but this time it didn’t work as well. I think all in all the same could be said about the main plot. It was good but not the best. Daniels is the queen of writing deception and in the past her books have put me on edge but this one didn’t. There was a twist at the end that I didn’t see coming which was very well done.

Characters were also a bit of an issue. I liked Jack, I thought he was a sweet and caring cowboy and I liked him but I couldn’t really connect to Kate. She was so cold and I never really warmed up to her at all.

Redemption is a good western romantic thriller but it is not as good as other B.J Daniels books.