readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Girl Least Likely to Marry (Modern Tempted) - Amy Andrews

For this review and more visit my blog

Girl Least Likely to Marry was a short and sweet romance that I mostly enjoyed. It had some interesting characters that I didn’t always get on with but for the most part I enjoyed this one, it was a cute and entertaining read. The story is a familiar one but it was written well and had character. I was not bored by this even if I have read something like it before.

Essentially all my problems with this book began and ended with Cassie. There were times when I really liked her and I thought she was super cute but there are also times when she annoyed me. Cassie is not quite like other female characters. She is no wilting wall flower and no beauty which was fine by me and fine by her. She is not like most girls and if I had to compare her to anyone it would have to be Big Bang Theory’s Sheldon. She is super smart, like SUPER smart but socially awkward. There were times when Cassie seemed incapable of socializing normally and she seemed to have no idea about many things like socializing, relationships, sex and men. I found this aspect of her endearing and I loved reading her development.

I also loved that she didn’t care about beauty because she knew there was more to the world than that. When someone attacks her appearance she doesn’t care because to her it simply does not matter. I LOVED that side of her…yet despite being judged by others she could be terribly judgemental and I hated it. Her initial thoughts about Sam were terrible. She assumed because he was a sports man he wasn’t smart and that because he wasn’t smart he was a waste of time. She assumes that people with less than average brains are not worth time or attention. It irritated me so much and I never really saw her get out of that attitude.

Sam was great and I really liked him. He was sweet, charming and surprisingly vulnerable. He lays his heart out there for Cassie which was a brave move considering she doesn’t believe in love or relationships. The romance was great and the chemistry between the two of them was sizzling.

I thought the ending was a little rushed and that it the way things ended didn’t quite fit the feel of the book. It all moved to quickly and I struggled to believe that someone just getting to grips with her first real relationship would agree to marry so early. Apart from that I quite enjoyed this little book and will look for more from this author in the future.