readingunderthewillowtree

Alexandra Ivy, Nina Bangs, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
The Reluctant Wag
Mary Costello
Destiny's Surrender - Beverly Jenkins

For this review and more visit my blog

Destiny’s Surrender was an enjoyable historical romance that I found really entertaining despite a few small problems.

The biggest issue with this book is that it does nothing new in the genre. I felt like it was a little too predictable and it wasn’t hard to see how this was all going to end. I still enjoyed it despite that because it is a story line I have not read in a while and because I liked the tone of the authors writing. I thought Beverly Jenkins world building was strong and I had no problem getting lost in these pages and despite knowing what was coming I found this hard to put down.

I really enjoyed the characters. Billie was a great character and there was little I disliked about her. She was a great mother and was brave and smart. I liked Drew a little less and at first struggled with him but he soon grew on me.

The romance was sweet but most of the chemistry was developed before this book began which was a shame.

Destiny’s Surrender wasn’t perfect but I really did enjoy it and though it was a good historical romance.