readingunderthewillowtree

Reading Age: Adult

Genre: Romance, Contemporary

Pages: 179

Published February 4th 2013 by Carina Press

I was provided with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Anthea Cane is a successful actress—well, action star. Her films are mostly about how hot she looks silhouetted by fiery explosions. But Anthea is determined to prove she's more than just a body. With the role of a lifetime up for grabs—a serious adaptation of her favorite novel—Anthea sets off to her small hometown in the name of research.

Cole Daniel is a blind farmer with no patience for divas, especially one who mercilessly teased him as a young boy. When Anthea shows up using a fake name and pestering him into letting her stay, he can't pass up the opportunity to torment her just a little.

But Anthea won't let the stubborn farmer deter her from her goal, even if he is hotter than any man she's ever met. Cole finds his form of payback less than satisfying when Anthea keeps turning the tables on him, proving her mettle and gaining his respect. Will Anthea's research land her a man, as well as the part?

Sometimes a book comes along and utterly surprises you that is what Playing the Part did to me, I wasn’t expecting much but found myself loving this.  There was so much I loved about it but in the beginning I thought I was gong it hate it.

The problem was that Anthea took a while to like she was awful and did so many things that made me rage.  She breaks into a blind man’s home, helps herself to breakfast leaves his kitchen in disarray and then calls him clumsy when he trips over the stuff she has left out of place.  That is just one of many examples of her selfishness but over time she begins to change and in the end I loved her.  She grew into a kind and considerate person who took charge of her own life and wasn’t afraid to help others.

Cole was amazing I just adored him, he was so strong and tough yet very vulnerable.  It was not his blindness that made him vulnerable but his past and the way he thought about himself did.  He had closed himself off from everything and the fact that he had never even been kissed made me love him even more.  I wanted to scream when he hurt Anthea because he didn’t mean to at all but her anger was so understandable.  I loved his bravery when he decided to sort out his issues he was just perfect.

Darcy Daniels writing is what really made me fall in love with this.  It is her words that made me find this book touching, it was the little things like Cole’s fear that he looked like his violent father that brought tears to my eyes, she just made it all seem so incredibly human and real which a lot of romances fail to do.

Playing the Part really took me by surprise it is well written, has great characters, am amazing romance and a lot of heart.  I am so glad I read this and couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

5 out of 5 stars